Sunday, August 21, 2016

This Dark Night

This is a poem about the death of my Aunt and Godmother.

This Dark Night

I stand here now on this dark night,
as one by one they leave my sight.
Family now gone beyond my view,
ones who I loved now passing through.

Ones who had kissed me on the cheek,
ones who stood firm when I was weak.
When I was young they towered tall,
and stood near You O Lord of all.

To each You gave a special gift,
and blessed them with a holy kiss.
Each a reflection of Your face,
they hold for me a special place.

A Easter morn, a Christmas Day,
a family barbecue in May.
The smell of chicken on the grill,
as if all time was standing still.

God bless this soul now passing through,
hold her now in Your arms near You.
Bless now each life that she did touch,
and know we loved her O so much.

Copyright 2016 Daniel Strizak



No comments:

Post a Comment