Friday, September 30, 2016

The Whirlwind

The Whirlwind 

Whisper, whisper in my ear,
in my eye a single tear.
Just a gentle quiet breeze,
barely lifting up the leaves.

Whisper, whisper, all you know,
in my heart this soft wind grows.
Inside me a whirlwind,
shakes my very soul within.

Whisper, whisper tell me more,
light of light whom I adore.
You shake all I thought I knew,
stirring thoughts I hide from view.

Whisper, whisper show me now,
how can I find love some how?
Chasing leaves caught in the wind,
just beyond my grasp again.

Whisper, whisper, always there,
sweet perfume within the air.
Author of the breath of life,
bonding husband to his wife.

Whirlwind, whirlwind force of love,
author of life from above.
Flower of union, woman, man,
can't turn back that wind again.

Whisper, whisper, hear his call,
always reaching to us all.
If you hear him in the wind,
open your heart, let him in.



(Pray for Life!)


From "Poems in the Shade of the Tree of Life"  by Dan Strizak

Copyright 2016 Daniel Strizak

No comments:

Post a Comment