Monday, June 20, 2016

Lord of Divine Mercy

Lord of Divine Mercy

Weak I am and weak I'll be,
Lord of mercy carry me.
All strength comes from you I know,
from your heart all mercy flows.

Judge I may and judge I might,
everything within my sight.
If I looked within a mirror,
I would judge myself I fear.

I seek vengeance everywhere,
but for me the mercy chair.
Mercy is not just for me,
showers all from God's own tree.

Turn my eyes from my own self,
and leave my thoughts upon the shelve.
Help me see as you would see,
endless flood of your mercy.

I must drop all that I hold,
seeking mercy for my soul.
Mercy I can't hold in me,
I must pass it on you see.

Thief I am, and thief I'll be,
hanging on my cross near thee.
Though I fall on my own sword,
take me to your kingdom Lord.

From "Poems in the Shade of the Tree of Life"  by Dan Strizak
Copyright 2016 Daniel Strizak

2 comments:

  1. I love this. What a great reminder to turn our eyes off of self and to the Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I try to focus on God something good almost always happens. If only I could do this more often. If we keep looking to him he will pull us along.

      Delete