Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Birth

Birth

Deep within the recess of my mind,
past old thoughts I thought I'd left behind,
past the chasms of old faded dreams,
ever churning time within a stream,
forward still I move not knowing where,
am I getting close or am I there,
grasping for the missing piece I seek,
tightly clutch the things I can not keep,
sight and sound and touch and feel and smell,
all these things I know yet still can't tell,
onward ever onward still I drift,
tween body and soul this endless rift,
as I look upon this world I see,
flowers bursting forth then go to seed,
casting forth my heart into the wind,
till I see his face I'll never win,
Lord I seek and can not see you still,
with closed eyes I guess I never will,
open up the eyes within my heart,
in this soul please break this pride apart,
let me rest my head upon your chest,
heal me Lord and then please give me rest,
hold me in your arms don't let me go,
fill me with your love and let grace flow,
in this world I'll always be alone,
till you touch my heart and take me home,
light of light now bring the dawn of day,
life from death you melt the dark away,
as I start to fade and loose my grip,
safe into your arms please let me slip,
there each burst of life my heart can trace,
seen on that sweet new born infants face,
so as now I leave this endless race,
newborn hope now comes to take its place.



(Pray for Life!)


From "Poems in the Shade of the Tree of Life"  by Dan Strizak

Copyright 2016 Daniel Strizak

No comments:

Post a Comment