Friday, October 7, 2016

For Love of God the Son

For the Love of God the Son


Who is this hanging on that tree?
Who is this king from Galilee?
 Between two thieves, his court he holds,
O Son of God, O Lord of Souls.

No army comes to rescue him,
hanging alone upon that limb.
King of all kings, lowers his head,
passes from life and joins the dead.

Lamb of God he takes my sin,
and weeps for all Jerusalem.
Though innocent he takes from me,
my guilt upon his dying tree.

Rise up my Lord and conquer death.
Rise up and breath again your breath.
Rise up and birth anew my soul.
Rise up again and make me whole.

Lord of all love and flame of life,
create in me your paradise,
while from your grace I'll drink my fill,
I love you Lord, I always will.

(Pray for Life!)



From "Poems in the Shade of the Tree of Life"  by Dan Strizak

Copyright 2016 Daniel Strizak

No comments:

Post a Comment