Monday, October 3, 2016

Talking With God

Talking With God

Man
Just what, Lord, do you see in me,
and what, Lord, would you have me be?
One step behind the sands of time,
leaving all that I thought was mine.

God
You are my child made from the dust,
one day in me you'll place your trust.
I'll never leave you in the dark,
upon your soul I've set my mark.

Man
Why so hard to choose my path,
and when will I be free at last?
I wind up where I would not guess,
forever on this endless quest.

God
So close I stand and call to you,
I call but sometimes can't get through.
Please know I never leave your side,
I send my love to be your guide.

Man
Around, around, around again,
I hear your voice but cannot bend.
So drawn to every thing near me,
adrift upon this endless sea.

God
One day my child you'll leave this earth,
I'll free you from this endless curse.
Freedom you'll have if you choose love,
I'll rescue you from far above.

Each soul I've placed upon this earth,
I breathed it life before it's birth.
This earthly shell time will destroy,
but not the love of God my boy.

(Pray for Life!)


From "Poems in the Shade of the Tree of Life"  by Dan Strizak

Copyright 2016 Daniel Strizak


No comments:

Post a Comment